Consultancy Services Project Announcement
Afghanistan Nuclear Energy Agency has proposed a consultancy services project
- Review of irradiation facilities in developed and developing countries by conducting joint technical visits which must including at least of representative from (ANEA).
- Compare different technologies used in the irradiation of agricultural products (Gama irradiation facility, E-beam, X-ray, etc.).
- Analysis of compatibility of the technology for particular agricultural products produced in Afghanistan.
- The economic benefit of irradiation (dry or oriel fruits, fresh fruits, and vegetables Such as, Peanuts, almond, pistachio, raisin, pomegranate, grapes, potato and onion) in Afghanistan
- Country’s infrastructure requirements.
- Facility requirements Such as, construction, machinery, installation, operation and maintenance.
- Implementing roadmap from creating technical documentation and getting licenses, installation and operation of the facility.
- Estimation of overall costs including, construction, machinery, installation, operation and maintenance).
- Legal constraints and requirements in cooperation with (AENA).
- Potential threats and risks in the Afghanistan context.
- Operation requirement including human resources, the supply of sustainable.
- Identify the countries and international organizations supporting developing countries in installing such facilities.
- Social, economic, security analysis of the facility. Determination of the best suitable location for the installing of the facility in the country based on accessibility to the agricultural products.
- Determine the percent amount of spoilage of agricultural products from harvesting to consumption in Afghanistan.
- Determine of the decrease in the percent of the spoiled amount of spillage of agricultural products by installing this facility.
- Submit a comprehensive report on the topic mentioned above and guidance for the selection of a suitable location for the installation of agricultural products irradiation facility to ANEA.
Note: ANEA will provide some basic raw data and will be a local partner for the company.
To announce. Those companies and individuals who are wishing to carry out the project, they can submit their requests for express interest by 01 May 2020 at 10 AM Kabul time at the following address.