Consultancy services project Announcement
Afghanistan Atomic Energy High Commission has proposed a consultancy services project (Feasibility Study of Irradiation Facility Installation for Agricultural Products in Afghanistan) in accordance with following requirements:
1. Review of irradiation facilities in other developing countries (India, Iran, Srilanka) by conduction technical visits. The technical visits team must include a representative from (AAEHC).
2.Comparing different types of radiation sources to be used in irradiation facilities (Cobalt-60, e-beam, X-ray, and other available sources)
3. Analysis of compatibility of the technology for particular food products produced in Afghanistan.
4. The economic benefit of irradiation (dry or oriel fruits, fresh fruits, and vegetables Such as, Peanuts (chilgoza), almond, pistachio, raisin, pomegranate, grapes, potato and onion) in Afghanistan
5.Country’s infrastructure requirements.
6.Facility requirements Such as, construction, machinery, installation, operation and maintenance.
7.Implementing roadmap from creating technical documentation and obtaining licenses, installation and operation of the facility.
8.Estimation of overall costs including, construction, machinery, installation, operation and maintenance).
9.Legal constraints and requirements in cooperation with (AAEHC).
10.Potential threats and risks in the Afghanistan context.
11. Operation requirement including human resources, electricity and etc.
12.Support of international community towards developing countries in this field.
13.Social, economic, security analysis of the facility. Determination of best suitable location for the installing of the facility in the country based on accessibility to the agricultural products.
14.Determine the percent amount of spoilage of agricultural products which will be prevented by installing this facility.
15.Determination of percent amount of spillage of agricultural products during harvesting to consumption by conducting a priciest serve in Afghanistan. The serve team must include a representative from (AAEHC).
16.The effectiveness this facility in reducing the cultivation of narcotics at the national level in Afghanistan.
17. Recommendation of suitable radiation sources for irradiation in Afghanistan from economic point of view.
18.Report on assessment of the above activities including data with attestation of relevant authorities must be submitted to (AAEHC).
To announce. Those companies and individuals who are wishing to carry out the project, they can submit their requests for express interest by 30 August 2019 at 2 pm Kabul time at the following address.
Our physical address: Near to Central Silo, District #3, Kabul-Afghanistan